Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Difficulty building project using mingw-cross

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Difficulty building project using mingw-cross-env
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 03:46:49 +0100

David Bruce <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Thanks a million!  I'll definitely make use of this.  This goes way
> beyond what I had hoped to get out of asking for some guidance.

You're welcome!

Tux4Kids is a great project and I'm happy to assist you.

> And yes, it would be fantastic for tuxmath and tuxtype to have
> sdlpango and rsvg in mingw-cross-env.  I have never been able to do a
> successful win32 crossbuild for our programs with sdlpango enabled.

Well, I just integrated SDL_Pango and librsvg, and they don't
seem to cause much trouble. I was able to cross-compile the
current Git version of TuxTyping with SDL_Pango and librsvg
support.

However, that needed some more fixes to the configure.ac:

    1) load SDL_Pango via PKG_CONFIG_* instead of AC_CHECK_LIBS

    2) use SDL_ttf unconditionally, because it appears to be
       needed even when building with SDL_Pango

    3) add a missing "dnl" at the beginning of a comment

Attached is a patch for TuxTyping that is meant as a replacement
for the last patch. It might work for the other Tux4Kids programs,
too.

Please check whether that works for you.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR