Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.9 - #2

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.9 - #2
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 23:03:15 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> > Please check your system even if it has already been checked by
> > another person, as any two systems are almost never configured
> > identically.
>
> I don't know how you managed to track down the OSX issues, but it's
> building successfully now.

Well, it was really hard to find, and took some time. Without
temporary access to a Mac that wouldn't have been possible.

It was a combination of multiple techniques, such as comparing
log files and build outputs, comparing generated files (e.g.
Makefiles) on different systems, reading and trying to following
the code, and inserting status/debug output commands at various
places.

> small patch for smpeg to detect the build platform.

Okay, I just included it. However, I had to fix the header
of your patch, to enable it to be applied via "patch -p1".

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/d207a9c81017

> FreeBSD (qt) is failing with a seg fault that seems to be related to
> sqlite3, log is attached.

I disabled sqlite and related stuff which currently doesn't
work anyway:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/0a1c1fb1661d

Please recheck your systems. Thanks!

    ----------------------------------