Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: issue building boost on 2.8

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: issue building boost on 2.8
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 23:30:31 +0200

Sorin S <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Thanks for the reply - please find the log attached.

Okay, I read through the logs, and all I can say is: You have either
a hardware problem (malicious RAM / harddisk / temperature/ ...), or
you have triggered a bug in the GCC-assembler.

Unfortunately, I can't see way to help on that issue. It is very
strange that this GCC bug doen't appear on other systems. Maybe
the bug has been fixed from GCC-4.4.0 to 4.4.1, but we can't upgrade
since GCC-4.4.1 causes big trouble.

We can only wait for GCC-4.4.2 and hope that the problem will be
solved then.

You might want to try a "make clean", followed by a complete rebuild.
That might fix it if it was just a bad sector on your harddisk. If
the problem still persists, you should file a bug report on the
TDM-GCC project:

    http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/bugs.php

Sorry for not being able to give further support.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR