Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: issue building boost on 2.8

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: issue building boost on 2.8
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:20:21 +0100

Gregory Smith <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Volker Grabsch wrote:
>
> >However, I still don't have any idea how to solve that issue.
> >It could be a combination of a bug in the native GCC which
> >causes a bug in the compiled Mingw-cross-GCC.
>
> This is the most likely answer. I installed Ubuntu's gcc-4.2 (the default
> for 9.04 is 4.3) and built mingw-cross-env with that, and then boost built
> successfully. 9.10 will use gcc 4.4-- I will give that a try after it
> comes out.

In a private email, Bart van Andel pointed out that this is more
a problem with Binutils rather than GCC.

So I updated Binutils:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/e6d5fc6e0290

It would be great if you (Sorin, Gregory and Bart) could get the
current development version of mingw-cross-env and try to build
it again.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator