mediagoblin-userops

Re: [Userops] Why is it hard to move from one machine to another? An ana

From: Bob Mottram
Subject: Re: [Userops] Why is it hard to move from one machine to another? An analysis.
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 18:01:12 +0100

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 10:22:32AM -0500, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:

> PS: If you haven't gotten the sense, the direction I'm thinking of is
> more along the lines of Guix becoming our Glorious Future (TM) assuming
> something like GuixOps can happen (go Dave Thompson, go Guix crew!) and
> a web UI can be built on top of it with some sort of common recipe
> system.

It is quite possible that I could package Freedombone with guix or the
regular Debian system, and then just call menuconfig at the end to let
the user configure the system. It is after all just a bunch of commands.

This doesn't address the issue of not being a completely pure blend,
and that some of the systems installed aren't yet officially
packaged for Debian, although it is possible to have a fully
reproducible install which isn't majorly hard to set up (doesn't
require devops knowledge).