Re: running with -jN on Windows

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: running with -jN on Windows
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:36:02 -0500

%% Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  ez> I looked at this, and I see no problem to enable -jN on Windows
  ez> even if a Unixy shell is not available.

  ez> I think this might be related to the fact that the Windows port
  ez> does not support MAKE_JOBSERVER.  Paul, could that be the reason?
  ez> is this test supposed to work without the job server?

Wait.

I don't understand: I thought the entire point was to support the
jobserver on Windows.  If jobserver isn't supported, just what does -jN
_do_ during recursion?