Re: win32 paths with spaces

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: win32 paths with spaces
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 07:22:40 -0500

%% Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  ez> Paul, perhaps we should put this trick somewhere in the docs,
  ez> although it only works on Windows; GNU and Unix users are out of
  ez> ``luck''.

Yeah, and it only works somewhat for Windows: as soon as you add more
files to that directory there's every chance you'll have to redo some or
all of the names.  The 8.3 shorthand isn't permanently assigned to a
file, it's given on the fly depending on where the file is within the
directory structure and what other files have names that might conflict
with it.

Anyway, that's the way I remember it.