lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Unexpected network read error when accessing https on Ubu

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Unexpected network read error when accessing https on Ubuntu 16.04.
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 01:10:27 +0000 (UTC)

Luke at Shellworld Support dixit:

>On Fri, 14 Jan 2022, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>
>> Do you build lynx yourself or do you use/backport packages?
>
>I have been pulling pre-built X64 binaries from Buster, bionic, etc. repo

That’s very likely to not work, since the environment differs
(there’s a reason we use backports on Debian instead of pulling
the binaries from the next release). Granted, with matching
package dependencies for the libraries, things should work, but
there are still differences between Debian and Ubuntu enough so
I’d not mix binaries built for these. That, plus subtile compat
bugs (mixing packages from different releases is only allowed
for stable/LTS and next stable/LTS, not more, and only really
supported as intermediate state during upgrades, not normal
system operation, so this may simply have been untested).

Good luck,
//mirabilos
--
Support mksh as /bin/sh and RoQA dash NOW!
‣ src:bash (406 (433) bugs: 0 RC, 275 (295) I&N, 131 (138) M&W, 0 F&P) + 208