lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for gmail account access

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for gmail account access
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 19:53:05 -0500 (EST)

Dan,
I can only speak to my personal experience.
I would also strongly suggest writing google accessibility with your specific account details, in case they will do privately what they might not share on their mail list. My first gmail account still works with lynx, but that is mainly because gmail considers my shellworld.net service, including my cookies saved here and my ip address to be my home computer. I am profoundly careful to have cookies for all of the associated services, my main gmail account will not work well if any of them are missing.
sometimes I am asked to reset them as well.
So, if you have a history of logging into your gmail account using lynx from the computer in question, including account cookies, it may be possible to reach your main gmail account that way.
I keep adding main gmail account, because I have two of them.
For reasons I can only feel are tied to my not allowing google to save my log in stuff on the platform where I was previously accessing this second account in lynx, I cannot get there anymore. I might add that the same can be said for this second account and links the chain, or e-links, both of which used to work as well. My guess about the last two has to do with google using a proprietary form of JavaScript. In one of their blogs, google corporate staff stated that, in their view, only hackers turn off JavaScript, which is the logic they are using for blocking JavaScript that is not their own.
Karen