lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for gmail account access

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for gmail account access
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 23:21:43 -0500 (EST)

David,
this document about links is older than even my current JavaScript compiled edition of links...for DOS.
So, it has been restored.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021, David Woolley wrote:

On 18/11/2021 00:53, Karen Lewellen wrote:
 I might add that the same can be said for this second account and links
 the chain, or e-links, both of which used to work as well.
 My guess about the last two has to do with google using a proprietary form
 of JavaScript.

According to <http://links.twibright.com/user_en.html#ap-javascript> links (as in chain) removed Javascript in the current version, because it was buggy, and it looks like they only implemented the early Netscape version.

elinks <http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/html/manual.html-chunked/ch01s06.html> doesn't claim have an at all complete implementation. I'd assume that it would not cope with the sort of page that is built on the fly.