lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Any solution for youtube searching

From: dan d.
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Any solution for youtube searching
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 09:24:40 -0400 (EDT)

I think youtube is throttling youtube-dl requests recently.  I use a cli media
program to stream youtube and there is constant buffering.
Other video web sources work fine.

Others on web chatter have found the same thing when using it to download
youtube videos, very slow..  The thought is that youtube-dl has not
been updated for months.

The solution I adopted is a youtube-dl branch with additional features.  It is
yt-dlp.  It works exactly like youtube-dl.  I renamed it to
youtube-dl because the cli media player has that name baked in for streaming
requests.

In my mac terminal I use macpoorts to get yt-dlp.  Other unix/linux
repositories likely have it too.

--
ent-
XR