lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] site newly returns 503 unavailable for lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] site newly returns 503 unavailable for lynx
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 00:36:57 -0400

210823 Karl Berry wrote:
> A few days ago, my local public library system (which is running koha)
> started returning the http error "503 service unavailable" with lynx
> and links to any search url, for example:
> https://coastlinelibrarynetwork.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?advsearch=1&idx=ti%2Cphr&q=these+precious+days&op=and&idx=au%2Cwrdl&q=ann+patchett&do=Search

With that search URL I get :

  982: ~> lynx
https://coastlinelibrarynetwork.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?advsearch=1&idx=ti%2Cphr&q=these+precious+days&op=and&idx=au%2Cwrdl&q=ann+patchett&do=Search
  [9] 25394
  [10] 25395
  [11] 25396
  [12] 25397
  [13] 25398
  [14] 25399
  [10]   Done                    idx=ti%2Cphr
  [11]   Done                    q=these+precious+days
  [12]   Done                    op=and
  983: ~>

That's 2.9.0dev5 downloaded by me & compiled on Gentoo Linux.
Simply going to the basic  https://coastlinelibrarynetwork.org/
gets Lynx to open properly, tho' I can't find how to enter a search string
(I rarely use Lynx these days, but it's useful for a quick look at a doc).

With Firefox it shows a graphical page with 'No results found'.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca