lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Alternative User-Agent header

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Alternative User-Agent header
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 16:03:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Tim,
Turns out that tool is here on shellworld.
Just did a test, and while I have not read the converted file yet, pandoc does save me some steps.
what else does the program do?
Kare

On 2021-06-26 23:14, Travis Siegel wrote:
For what it's worth, epub books are already html.  An epub file is
just a zip file renamed to epub.

Simply extract the epub file into a directory of your choice, and
generally (though not always) the html files are layed out in name
order, and you can simply open each one in your browser, or if so
inclined, just open lynx on the directory, and go down the list of
html files reading them one at a time until you've finished the
book.

For a slightly easier time, you might try using pandoc to convert
from epub to a single flat HTML file, something like

 $ pandoc -o book.html book.epub

-tim