lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Where does -dump output go?

From: Donn Terry
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Where does -dump output go?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 13:08:41 -0800

I'm trying to use LynxPortable (I hope this list works for that) to dump
rendered html.  This is on Windows 10.

LynxPortable appears to be working correctly, but does one strange thing.
I'm doing this both from a cmd window and a cygwin window, with the same
result.

Instead of directing the output to local stdout it directs it to a new
window that appears for a fraction of a second (spewing some text) and then
disappears. Using shell redirection doesn't help.
lynxPortable -help does the same thing.  (The splash screen also comes up,
and stays up slightly longer than, the text window.)

I didn't see any command line options to redirect to regular stdout or a
file.

Ideas?

Donn