lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7, OR ncursesw, OR japanese-utf8

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7, OR ncursesw, OR japanese-utf8
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:55:02 -0500

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 06:42:17AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 10:53:32AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > > I'll build a non-color-style version and look at those, since I suspect
> > > that's what you're using.
> >
> > ... with non-color-style, the only defect I'm seeing is an occasional
> > character that intrudes into the scrollbar.  (That's a couple of things
> > to investigate, but not what's being reported).
>
> Bummer.  One more item to mention I suppose is that I run Lynx on a
> NetBSD machine by accessing a shell account with PuTTY (WindowsXP).
> The terminal description is a slightly modified ttpro.

I'm usually testing on Linux (Debian/testing), and have cygwin and win32
executables setup.  On my to-do list is to get up-to-date installs for NetBSD
and FreeBSD (I've got something that boots those for my new machines, but
haven't done much configuring of those).

The other report (Atsuhito KOHDA) was for mlterm on Debian/testing -
so I'm inclined to think it's not specifically related to the platform or
libraries, but something within lynx or its configuration.  Recall that he
made an executable which I tested and didn't see the problem.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net