lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7, OR ncursesw, OR japanese-utf8

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7, OR ncursesw, OR japanese-utf8
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:45:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 08:36:02PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > I updated to lynx2.8.6dev.7, and at the same time changed from slang
> > to ncursesw, and added the --enable-japanese-utf8 configure option.
>      ^^^^^^^^
> AFAICT, the problems (shifting of links, sluggish input) are due to
> ncursesw.  I recompiled with slang, and everything is back as it was.

The shifting of links would be some change I've made in lynx - not
necessarily ncursesw.  That's essentially the same issue that
Atsuhito KOHDA reports.  If I can reproduce it, then I can fix it.

For sluggish input, I'm not sure.  The logic for splitting lines (for
layout of a page) is going to be slower with the way I've implemented it.
But echoing input doesn't use much of the logic that's related to this.
(It's hard to tell - the performance issues I have with this box are
in different areas than this).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net