lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev PATCH [dev22]: source caching fixes (was: patch to fix P

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PATCH [dev22]: source caching fixes (was: patch to fix PSRC mode with SOURCE_CACHE!=NONE)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:32:13 +0500 (SAMST)

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 14-Apr-99 12:01 Scott Bigham wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
> >>  I have the following problem with dev22:
> >>  When pressing '\' on non-local files, the psrc view is shown, but there
> >> is no
> >> way out of this mode. This patch will fix it.
>
> > Actually, I already have a more localized fix of that in this patch.
> > Also included are fixes for related bugs tweaked by going to an internal
> > page while viewing source, and a few blurbs in the documentation (which
>
> BTW, I found one more bug (my own) with reloading sources,
> (completely independent from SOURCE_CACHE and USE_PSRC),
> just a returning from forms-based options menu,
> the exit from postoptions(). There are two LYpop() cycles there,
> the document is uncached and returned with NULLFILE to the last cyrcle.
>
> If I had a document in source mode before entering the options menu,
> change some layout-dependent option like "raw mode" or "show images"
> and accept the changes - original document redisplayed in normal mode,
> not a source.  So mystery with HTOutputFormat or so.  Since you
> spent a time to learn this code you can probably came with a fix...
>
> Probably the exit from options menu may now utilize the power of SOURCE_CACHE,
> though it handles more parameters than HTdocument_settings_changed()
>
> Leonid.

   I found another bug: if there is something on the cache stack (say doc A
-current doc and doc B), and we go to 'O' and change something, only
appearance of 'A' is changed, the appearance of B is not changed - the cahced
version is used. IMO it will be better to uncache everything in the stack.
This is best tested with 'links are/not numbered' - since rendered versions
differ a lot.

 If the bug I described is fixed, then all documents will return to their
normal (not source) representnation (or we have to keep a stack of modes of
the documents somehow - or probably set the pointer to HText to NULL in the
cache, but marking whether it was 'source' view or not)

 Best regards,
  -Vlad