lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Still have problems compiling under DOS

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Still have problems compiling under DOS
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:19:28 +0900 (JST)

> OK, Jeff.  First most of don't try to compile this stuff under NT.  Use
[...]
> > I'm running in a DOS window under NT 4.0 and I don't see how the

The "NT" slipped right by me.  Compiling for 386DOS and Win32 (Windows95/NT)
are completely different ball games.  Sorry if I've been pointing you in
the wrong direction.  Both are covered in INSTALLATION, but in different
sections.  Are you really trying to compile for 386DOS on an NT machine
(cross-compiling? - do you really want to do this?), or do you want to
compile a binary to run on the NT machine itself (in which case, you want
to be reading the compile section for Win32 and following those instructions)?

But having said this, I'm keeping out of this thread from now on because
I'll probably cause more confusion than not.  Just one more word, good luck
and never give up.

__Henry

;
;