lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Still have problems compiling under DOS

From: JeffreyX Groves
Subject: LYNX-DEV Still have problems compiling under DOS
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 97 18:18:00 PDT

I'm running in a DOS window under NT 4.0 and I don't see how the
makefile for Lynx2-7-1 could possibly work.  It seems to require a lot
of Unix commands and shell stuff.

I followed the INSTALLATION instructions and did the following...

   cd lynx2-7-1\WWW\Library\djgpp
   make

   makefile:28: ../../Library/Implementation/Version.make: No such file
or directory (ENOENT)
   makefile:30: ../CommonMakefile: No such file or directory (ENOENT)
   make.exe: *** No rule to make target `CommonMakefile'. Stop.

Both of the above files exist and are readable.  I did a
"dir ..\..\Library\Implementation\Version.make" to verify this.  Could
this be a problem with filenames that are too long for the shell to
handle or is the makefile screwy?

How do the rest of you compile this stuff under DOS?  It has me baffled.

Jeff
;
;