lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Still have problems compiling under DOS

From: Bill Schiavo
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Still have problems compiling under DOS
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:25:52 -0400 (EDT)

OK, Jeff.  First most of don't try to compile this stuff under NT.  Use
the real DOS shell.  In other words, go to a "real" C: prompt.  If you
don't you won't find some of the files which seems to be the problem you
are having.  How far did you get?  Did you get pdcurses23 or PDCurses22
compiled?  Also, which version of Lynx are you trying to compile?

I recently submitted a patch that fixes a broken makefile for the www
code for lynx 2.7.1ac-0.84.  You'll need this if you want to continue with
this project.

Regards!

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, JeffreyX Groves wrote:

> I'm running in a DOS window under NT 4.0 and I don't see how the
> makefile for Lynx2-7-1 could possibly work.  It seems to require a lot
> of Unix commands and shell stuff.
>
> I followed the INSTALLATION instructions and did the following...
>
>    cd lynx2-7-1\WWW\Library\djgpp
>    make
>
>    makefile:28: ../../Library/Implementation/Version.make: No such file
> or directory (ENOENT)
>    makefile:30: ../CommonMakefile: No such file or directory (ENOENT)
>    make.exe: *** No rule to make target `CommonMakefile'. Stop.
>
> Both of the above files exist and are readable.  I did a
> "dir ..\..\Library\Implementation\Version.make" to verify this.  Could
> this be a problem with filenames that are too long for the shell to
> handle or is the makefile screwy?
>
> How do the rest of you compile this stuff under DOS?  It has me baffled.
>
> Jeff
> ;
> ; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
> ;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
> ;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
> ;

;
;