lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7.1

From: Henrik Wist
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7.1
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:10:30 +0200

Ahoi,

On Mon, Apr 28, 1997 at 09:13:16AM +0200, Platiau Philippe wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 address@hidden wrote:
>
> >      Hi
> >
> >      I am trying to install lynx-2-7-1 on an DEC 2000 running OSF/1 V3.2C.
> >      I use the make command to build it and when it got to the
> >      LYmainloop.c, the system displayed a message about swap space less
> >      than 10%. The system has 51MB of free swapspace but the make process
> >      just used it all up. Is there something wrong? Please help
> >
> >      Thanks Joseph LI
> > ;
> I think you had to reboot the system.
Reboot is not a repair technique!!!!
The problem is that the optimizer chokes on LYmainloop.c (I had the
same problem on my Alpha last week). Even if you reboot, the compiler won't
eat the file :-)
Fix? Well, if you know how to do it, you can compile LYmainloop.c by hand
without the -O flags (= look at the line the 'make' produces for
LYmainloop.c, be in the right directory, type the same line _without_ the -O
switches and hit return. Then go back to the original directory and start
'make' again). It worked for me, maybe it will for you :-)

Longterm fix: The developers of lynx shoudl strip down LYmainloop.c a bit or
change the make-rule for OSF/1.  Regards,
Henrik
--
address@hidden    // IRC: |GOOSE| //   address@hidden

Du musst vor der Welle surfen --
Dahinter musst Du nur irre Paddeln und Spass mach es auch keinen...
;