lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Parser stuff (was: Another fotemods.zip update)

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Parser stuff (was: Another fotemods.zip update)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:26:45 +0900 (JST)

> I hear this "hash table design" again, but am still clueless what
> the function of a "hash table" would be.  I.e. what in the current

Don't know if it'll help or not, but here's an excerpt from our
local, digested archive:

``
From: Rob Partington <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Lynx - rp
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 14:49:52 +0000 (GMT)
[...]
these things done, I can have a break for a while...) I'll be rewriting
my code to work with Fote's modifications.  The code needed rewriting
any[1], so hopefully I can get a better set of style patches done soon.
[...]
[1] The rewrite has already started; it now uses a hash table to convert
    the style "name" (like "A", or "STRONG", or "EM.BLUE") into a style.
,,

> FORM is "stronger" (more "outer") than EM, but an </EM> would not
> close an open <FORM>.  An <A> would auto close an open </A> since
> the "HTMLDTD" knows that A cannot be nested in itself.
> I am really curious whether this would improve handling of some
> invalid stuff.  It might be worth an experiment.  Comments welcome...

Go for it!  It sounds like a powerful approach.  It surprises me that
Lynx isn't there yet.  (But whadda I know.)

__Henry
;
;