lwip-users

[lwip-users] BRIDGEIF does not forward packets?

From: Tomas Mudrunka
Subject: [lwip-users] BRIDGEIF does not forward packets?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 18:04:35 +0200

Hello,
i have troubles getting IEEE 802.1D bridge to work using bridgeif on LWIP v2.1.2 (FreeRTOS). First i've tried to bridge two interfaces together and that didn't worked for me. So to simplify debugging i am trying to ping IP address of bridge with single interface and it still does not work.

I have working single interface setup:

if(netif_add(&mujbus, &ip, &mask, &gw, NULL, mynetif_init, NO_SYS ? netif_input : tcpip_input) == NULL) {
    LOG(LL_WARN,("Cannot create interface!"));
  }
  netif_set_up(&mujbus);

And this works perfectly. Responds to ping, webserver does work.
But when i try to get the same interface working in bridge like this:

bridgeif_initdata_t bridge_initdata = BRIDGEIF_INITDATA1(1, 1024, 16, ETH_ADDR(0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)); if(netif_add(&bridge, &ip, &mask, &gw, &bridge_initdata, bridgeif_init, NO_SYS ? netif_input : ethernet_input) == NULL) {
        LOG(LL_WARN,("Cannot create bridge!"));
  }

if(netif_add(&mujbus, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, mynetif_init, NO_SYS ? netif_input : tcpip_input) == NULL) {
        LOG(LL_WARN,("Cannot create interface!"));
  }

  bridgeif_add_port(&bridge, &mujbus);
  netif_set_up(&mujbus);
  netif_set_up(&bridge);

LWIP does not even respond to ping. I've tried lots of combinations reordering the init calls, but i am still not able to get LWIP to at least respond to ping... I've even enabled bridgeif debuging, but only thing it told me was to replace tcpip_input() with ethernet_input() on bridgeif. Other than that i don't have any error messages regarding that bridge at all.

These are my configuration options of LWIP:

  LWIP_NUM_NETIF_CLIENT_DATA 1
  BRIDGEIF_MAX_PORTS 3
  BRIDGEIF_DEBUG 128
  BRIDGEIF_FDB_DEBUG 128