lwip-users

[lwip-users] mDNS not receiving / responding

From: jespern
Subject: [lwip-users] mDNS not receiving / responding
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 03:18:45 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I am trying to activate mDNS responder on lwip 2.0.0 (taken from STM32Cube
for STM32F429).

After setting up as shown in the description, I was able to build but
getting no reception (ie. no call to mdns_recv). This seems to be because
the netif flag NETIF_FLAG_IGMP was not set.

This flag seems to only get set if LWIP_LOOPIF_MULTICAST is set, but this is
missing from the description (or am I missing something ?).

Anyway, first I chose to manually set NETIF_FLAG_IGMP (without setting
LWIP_LOOPIF_MULTICAST) and now I get receive calls but no replies are sent.

Then I set LWIP_LOOPIF_MULTICAST but still no luck.

Can anybody make any meaning from this ?