lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] HTTPS support in lwip

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] HTTPS support in lwip
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 21:37:56 +0200

Jan Menzel wrote:
        At the end, the buffer size required for encrypting/decrypting
transmitted/received data is something, that depends on your setup and
on configuration options commonly available. So, if you carefully
control and debug your setup you probably can run with less memory.

Jan, could you explain this a bit more detailed? How I see it, my memory problems was the per-connection allocation and there, the biggest chunks were the frame buffer for RX & TX (mbedTLS: *MBEDTLS_SSL_MAX_CONTENT_LEN *define). Now if you know the pages served (or at least the algorithm calling write), you know the required buffer for TX, but at least when providing file upload via HTTPS (e.g. firmware update), I'm not sure how the RX buffer could be reduced.

Unfortunately, the buffer size negotiation is not mandatory for web browsers.

Simon