lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP SYN to UDP port

From: Esa Hill
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP SYN to UDP port
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 13:20:10 +0000

> Well, thanks for not saying this earlyier ;-) Of course, if you almost
> randomly filter out packets, you can't expect us to explain the observed
> behaviour.

My apologies.

> Before implementing such a change, you should obviously know very well what
> you are doing (e.g.: UDP has really and absolutely nothing to do with TCP!).

Yes, I really do know that UDP has nothing to do with TCP. What I meant with my
question for "skipping the RST" was that:

In file tcp_in.c, around lines 407-416 (tcp_input) is else-branch  with comment
"/* If no matching PCB was found, send a TCP RST (reset) to the sender. */" has
code which sends the TCP RST in this case.

I was thinking that I could "simply" free the pbuf and not call the tcp_rst
here, but there are probably reasons why PCB wouldn't be available other than
"No TCP available in this port"?

Anyway I'm not making such modifications unless I really have to.

Br,
Esa Hill