lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Changing MAC address of network interface?

From: Noam Weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Changing MAC address of network interface?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 15:59:35 +0000

Hi,

If you start networking with one MAC address and later change it you will
probably
have some packet lost. As the switch will try to send to the old MAC address.

Any way you should not connect TCP and during this connection change the MAC.

If you do not have any network activity, change MAC and start networking you
should not have
any problems.

As I wrote before in all our devices we give the user (normally only
technicians in our production)
the ability to change MAC address. This is done only once during software

BR,
Noam.