lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Changing MAC address of network interface?

From: Noam Weissman
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Changing MAC address of network interface?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 14:51:53 +0000

Hi,

No reason you could not.

If your TCP stack sends data before you change the MAC the older MAC address is
saved by the router/switch
It is connected to.. also it make sense that some packets are saved within the
TCP stack buffering with the
older MAC address (before you change it).

I am changing MAC address all the time as I am developing boards and every new
board has a default MAC
Before it is changed.

What I am saying that you can change MAC address on the fly but I think it's
better to do it before you connect
the cable and start data transfer.

BR,
Noam.