lwip-users

[lwip-users] netconn, large packets causing trouble

From: Bastiaan van Kesteren
Subject: [lwip-users] netconn, large packets causing trouble
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 14:42:15 +0200

Hi,

When I try to transmit large(ish) packets using the netconn api, I get into trouble; the connection blocks (no packets getting out), and eventually I run into some random assertion (they tend to change depending on packet size and point in time).

Too me this looks like a buffer-overflow somewhere, but I'm not sure where to begin. Any LwIP master around willing to give some pointers?

Right after the too-big packet transmission, the LwIP sys-stats and memory stats don't show anything strange, although after some more time the mbox.err counter starts to go up, as long as I don't hit an assert.

I'm Using LwIP 1.4.1 with FreeRTOS on a LPC1768 (Cortex-M3). Own hardware, own port (combination of bits and pieces). I think the port is good, in that sense that we're already using it for a few years without any problems, Uptimes of a year or more. But all these applications are using small packets, so a bug in the port is definitely a possibility.

Any pointers are appreciated, if more info is needed I'll be more that willing to fill in.

Regards,
-Bastiaan