lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Weird PPP behavior

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Weird PPP behavior
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 15:32:10 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 04:36:32PM +0300, Gennady Shmakov wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got to the root of this problem.
>
> Sergio, Patrick, thank you for suggesting looking at the byte stream. It
> helped a lot to solve it.

Thank you very much Patrick for the deep inspection, I'm quite
overwhelmed and I didn't had the time to do so.

> I had a problem in usb stack code.
> Some junk bytes were fed to ppp from previous usb transaction and that
> caused wrong checksum and entire lcp negotiation failure.
> I'm testing it now for a few hours and several hundreds
> connection-disconnection cycles and everything works fine now.

But that doesn't change the main problem, your modem cannot cope with
wrong frames or PPP retransmissions, and that's very bad. The software
of the modem your are using is written in a way that it only works if
everything went as expected.

Sylvain