lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] HTTP Auth, LWIP connection management and FIN packets

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] HTTP Auth, LWIP connection management and FIN packets
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 23:23:08 -0300

There will be a FIN, you are instructing the server to close the
connection, you are sending "Connection: close" in the HTTP/1.1 header.
If the connection is lost, you will receive a callback.
If you can't wait, start a timer...

Nevertheless, if you still want to close on client side, you can do so
as you are doing now, but if the RST breaks something (it shouldn't),
you can start a timer, stopped on server closure or error, and firing
closure on expiration.

--
Sergio R. Caprile, Human Being, Bs.As., Argentina
        http://www.scaprile.ldir.com.ar/