lwip-users

[lwip-users] UDP Sender omapl137

From: Jaime Fernandez Hoffiz
Subject: [lwip-users] UDP Sender omapl137
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 12:06:55 -0600

Hope this is the right mail to ask the following question. Should be very simple but I can't figure out how to solve it.

I have the sysbios test code that comes with Lwip 1.4.1 up and running and hosting a web server. I also modified it to be a very simpler udp sender.

What I'm trying to do now, is to understand a little better to layers of lwip and create a simple udp sender without having to call:

/* Initialize LwIP */
sys_sem_t init_sem;
err_t err = sys_sem_new(&init_sem, 0);
tcpip_init(udpecho_init, &init_sem);
sys_sem_wait(&init_sem);
sys_sem_free(&init_sem);

but just

lwip_init();

Is this possible in a multi-thread to run without calling tcpip_init()?
Any suggestion or examples I could use as a guide?

I also tried the udpecho example in the app folder. Ran it after running the code that start and initializes the netif and also I could not see anything in my host udp recevier or wiresharl.