lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Weird PPP behavior

From: Gennady Shmakov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Weird PPP behavior
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 16:55:26 +0300

Sylvain,
Thank you very much for looking at it.

I'm a little worried about wrong checksum:

> pppos_input[0]: got 44 bytes
> pppos_input[0]: got 61 bytes
> pppos_input[0]: Dropping bad fcs 0x9e4f proto=0xc021
> pppos_input_drop: pbuf len=21, addr 2001afe8

I've compared log with bad fcs with log when everything goes fine.
In "ok" log I dont see extra 44 bytes at pppos_input at this point:

> pppos_input[0]: got 44 bytes

I've double checked my driver code to make sure I dont mistakenly throw any garbage to pppos_input_tcpip from USB stack.
And driver code looks ok. So seems like modem sends something lwip does not expect.

Sergio,
I'm using Huawei E3272 USB LTE modem.

-----
Regards,
Gennady
mob. +7 985 8181210

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Sergio R. Caprile <address@hidden> wrote:
> Long story short: your 3G modem firmware is written by monkeys.

Sylvain: ROTFL
I once had an argument with a (wannabe) developer and mentioned a phrase
quite similar to that one...

Gennady: Would you care to share your modem's brand name so we all avoid
it ? We are using SIMCOMs down here, but haven't checked their 3Gs yet.
Their PPP used to work OK against Rabbit's long time ago, on GPRS modems.