lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bug on lwIP TCP section (or HTTP client from contrib)?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bug on lwIP TCP section (or HTTP client from contrib)?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:25:00 +0100

Enrico Murador wrote:
> Update: now I've found why Chrome sends the FIN+ACK after the header
> (also after I added the Content-Length field to that header). Server was
> telling the client that reply was in HTTP 1.0, and Chrome doesn't take
> care of the Content-Length field unless reply is in HTTP 1.1 (and maybe
> this is correct behavior).

This is not so much a version thing but a header thing. The server tells the
client
whether it supports persistent connections. Although not really standard, they
work
in 1.0, too.

Aside from that, it should be OK for the client to close the connection before
the
server has sent all bytes. Only it must be prepared to receive a RST in this
case,
which tells the client that the connection was not gracefully closed (on the
server
side in this case).

Being like that, I don't see a problem with what you observed.

Simon