lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bug on lwIP TCP section (or HTTP client from contrib)?

From: Enrico Murador - Research & Development - CET
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bug on lwIP TCP section (or HTTP client from contrib)?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:08:42 +0100

Update: now I've found why Chrome sends the FIN+ACK after the header (also after I added the Content-Length field to that header). Server was telling the client that reply was in HTTP 1.0, and Chrome doesn't take care of the Content-Length field unless reply is in HTTP 1.1 (and maybe this is correct behavior).

To avoid this kind of issues, I think the lwIP HTTP server should automatically add the Content-Length field for, at least, all HTTP 1.1 non-SSI packets. Maybe I'll post a "feature request" for this.

Anyway, the TCP "off-by one window" issue still remains, although maybe it is not of severe importance. And to reproduce the issue, apart from sending a 401 reply in two chunks, the header must indicate "HTTP 1.0".

My replies to your questions follows: