lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] forwarding and NAT

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] forwarding and NAT
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 13:43:42 +0100

Hello Bernard,

On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 05:01:33PM +0800, bernard wrote:
> Hello,
> We just put a NAT implementation in our RTOS(RT-Thread) 2.0.0 release:
> https://github.com/RT-Thread/rt-thread/tree/master/components/net
> https://github.com/RT-Thread/rt-thread/tree/master/components/net/lwip_nat

Interesting, from what I understand this is ""only"" a One-to-many
S(ource)NAT support ?  (More or less known as masquerading as well).

> The DHCP server also in there. Welcome to provide your feedback. We have
> planning to improve it because we should use it in our Wi-Fi start kit
> board.

Sounds great, even if I don't think lwIP should be used as an IP
router/gateway/DHCP server/… this is something which could be merged if
it is at some point rebased against master.

Sylvain