lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] forwarding and NAT

From: Marleen Vos
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] forwarding and NAT
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 16:19:39 +0100

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

Now I know NAT is out of the question, I could put my question in another way:

The situation I have in mind is to use an embedded device as a router, with ethernet on one end, and serial on the other end (connected to GPRS). There can be multiple devices connecting over the ethernet link, so the forwarding would actually need to be able to work in this situation too.

A connection coming in over the serial link would need port forwarding to reach the correct address behind the router. Is that possible with lwip?

Devices making a connection from the ethernet side, have to be forwarded to the serial side. Will this forwarding work for multiple devices without (stateful)NAT? I would think not, but I'm not sure on this.

Thanks again for your time,
Marleen