lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] PPP new Stack

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] PPP new Stack
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 23:23:18 +0100

Hi Nikolas,

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:52:02PM +1100, Nikolas Karakotas wrote:
> Hello Sylvain,
>
> I have been using latest ppp-new commit from git and also lwip but im
> experiencing a problem ONLY when I close the ppp connection. When the ppp
> thread is left open (running always) everything is OK. Let me explain to you
> what happens:
>
> I initiate a connection and once the link is up I send my data.
> I then close the connection and use ppp_delete().
> After around 5 tries it seems that I get an LCP timeout. This occurs because
> I don't have any pbuf available.
> It seems that there might be a memory leak when closing the connection and
> deleting ppp?
>
> I have attached serial output.

Humm, what about the ptr value of ppp_pcb->rx->in_head and
ppp_pcb->rx->in_tail in this case ?

I guess we might need to call ppp_free_current_input_packet() before
releasing the ppp pcb in ppp_delete(), and will do because this is
totally harmless, but this will be better if the memory leak issue is
solved with facts :-)

Sylvain