lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problem with handling multiple client data

From: Carr, Anthony
Subject: [lwip-users] Problem with handling multiple client data
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:18:19 +0000

Hi,

I have a system (non-RTOS) that is set up as a server and has multiple clients connected (at present only 2).

As recommended for non-RTOS systems, I am polling for Ethernet input and am using TCP raw API.

When a single client is connected the system works fine but when 2  clients are connected, intermittently I get a problem.

The problem appears to occur when commands from both clients arrive at the same time, the responses to the separate commands get returned to one client rather than to the originating client.

As the code is linear and Ethernet packets are not being received under interrupt, I cannot see how this can occur.

Has anyone had a similar problem or advise me where I need to look for the possible cause of the problem?

Many thanks,

Tony

Anthony Carr

Principal Electronics Engineer

Devlin Electronics Logo

 Unit D1, Grafton Way

 Basingstoke, Hampshire

 RG22 6HZ

 www.devlin.co.uk

  T: +44 (0)1256 467367

  F: +44 (0)1256 840048

  M:

  E: address@hidden

This email contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to Devlin Electronics Limited, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended reciient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and/or the taking of any action based upon relieance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error; please notify the sender by retirun email and delete it from your system, If you require assistance please contact our sales office on +44 (0)1256 467367 or visit our website www.devlin.co.uk.