lwip-users

[lwip-users] std includes

From: timmy brolin
Subject: [lwip-users] std includes
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:55:20 -0700

Hi All,

In almost all lwIP *.c files, there are a couple of standard #includes at the top, just after the lwip #includes.
Such as "#include <string.h>" and "#include <stdlib.h>".
These feel misplaced.

In sys.h anc arch.h the user may define user defined implementations of common functions, replacing the library functions.
If the standard libraries are to be included, then they should only be included from the user portable files sys.h or arch.h.

Can anyone come up with a reason why <string.h>, <stdlib.h>, <stddef.h> and <stdio.h> should not be removed from all *.c files?

For me the standard includes caused problems with my particular compiler environment because they are placed after other includes, so I had to go through all lwip files and move or remove the standard includes.

Regards,
Timmy Brolin

Hitta ditt drömjobb - Turism Försäljning Vårdjobb Ekonomi Design Bank Media