lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] UPnP on lwip

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] UPnP on lwip
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:30:25 +0100

Hello Ian,

Ian Oliver wrote:
Greetings all.

We're considering using lwIP to build a UPnP embedded product. Perhaps with the UPnP software from Allegrosoft. Of course, Allegrosoft want to sell us their IP stack, but we also want to have "our own" stack for other projects so just porting one makes sense and we like what we've seen of lwIP.

However, I'm told that for UPnP we need -
1) multicast UDP   I think lwIP has this. Correct?
Yep.

2) zeroconf/AutoIP/Link-Local, call it what you will. I'm fairly sure lwIP doesn't have this. Correct?

Correct, but recently someone did this (Rendezvous) for his thesis project, on top of lwIP. Search the mailing list archives and ask.

Reading the thesis, I had the impression lwIP suited fine.

Anyone else put UPnP on top of lwIP and like to comment on whether we're in for a pleasant experience or a whole world of pain?

If the above are the requirements, expect this to work out allright.

Where is UPnP defined? (RFC?)

Regards,

Leon.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.