lwip-users

[lwip-users] UPnP on lwip

From: Ian Oliver
Subject: [lwip-users] UPnP on lwip
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:39:09 GMT

Greetings all.

We're considering using lwIP to build a UPnP embedded product. Perhaps
with the UPnP software from Allegrosoft. Of course, Allegrosoft want to
sell us their IP stack, but we also want to have "our own" stack for
other projects so just porting one makes sense and we like what we've
seen of lwIP.

However, I'm told that for UPnP we need -
1) multicast UDP   I think lwIP has this. Correct?
2) zeroconf/AutoIP/Link-Local, call it what you will. I'm fairly sure
lwIP doesn't have this. Correct?

Can someone kindly confirm whether I'd read the docs/code/situation
correctly?

Anyone else put UPnP on top of lwIP and like to comment on whether
we're in for a pleasant experience or a whole world of pain?

Many thanks

Ian Oliver