lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ping out?

From: Zschocke, Florian
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ping out?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:24:49 +0200

David Haas wrote on Freitag, 20. Juni 2003 15:06:

> I also have been using the BSD API exclusively and I have not
> had any trouble with it.

Oh, I wasn't so much refering to troubles with the implementation. The only
real trouble we had was with the select() function due to how we have to
handle tasks and maybe the fact that the BSD API is real slow. I was somehow
under the impression that it doesn't get widely used. Maybe because I was
wondering how much trouble it'd be worth to try and get changes back into
the CVS.

> What do you find lacking?

You're right, for basic socket I/O it's fine. The main lack is in socket
options support and maybe the send/recvmsg() functions. I needed to get the
interface a packet came in through for a BOOTP relay agent, but I didn't
have the time to add a full fledged recvmsg() so I just added passing
control messages to the API and for the time being I just abuse recvfrom()
to get them. ;)

Florian.