lwip-members

[lwip-members] Re: Porting lwIP to RT-Linux

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-members] Re: Porting lwIP to RT-Linux
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:34:29 +0000 (GMT)

I've had a chance to look through your port, and what you've done looks
fine.  I've forwarded it to the other developers in case they're
interested.  Thanks for taking on board our suggestions.

Normally it would be straightforward to include your port in the savannah
distribution, even with the different licence, as it would only apply to
the files in "arch".  I notice that you've had to change some of the
"core" files though, so that could make things tricky.  (Are the changes
you have made specific to your port, or more widely useful?)  The easiest
thing to do I think would be to include your "arch" files as they are, and
a patch against the rest of the tree to turn it from the standard lwip to
your RT-lwip.  Obviously this patch would need updating each time there
are changes to the main tree, but I can't see an easy alternative.

Kieran