lwip-members

[lwip-members] Re: Porting lwIP to RT-Linux

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-members] Re: Porting lwIP to RT-Linux
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:38:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Sergio PérezAlcañiz wrote:

> > > way of distribution.
>
> > Ok, that's fair enough.  We couldn't just put your changes in the core
> > files into the tree on savannah though as that would affect everyone
> > else.
> That means that it is not possible to put RTL-lwIP in Savannah??

We could either:

- Include all your changes into the savannah tree.  Ignoring the licence
issue this would mean that those people who aren't using RTLinux would end
up with the RTLinux specific stuff that you've added.  I doubt that would
be a good idea.

- Alternatively we could include you architecture specific stuff as we do
with all architectures, and a patch that would apply your RTLinux specific
changes to the core files.

I think that the later of these is better than the former.  The problem
is that you've made changes specific to your port to the architecture
independent parts of lwIP.  Maybe this is because of a weakness in lwIP
which needs to be addressed.

If anyone can think of an alternative way then I'd like to hear it!

Kieran