lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #11400] ARP multi-packet-queue modifies TCP unsent/una

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #11400] ARP multi-packet-queue modifies TCP unsent/unacked segment packet pbuf chain into packet queue
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:37:36 +0000

Blast.  They do, don't they.

How about we have two paths: if there are any REF pbufs in the chain, we do
pbuf_copy() as per your new patch.  If it doesn't have any REF pbufs, we can
just do pbuf_ref() and put it in the arp queue.  Makes the code a bit more
complex, but more efficient (both less memory and faster) for the case where
not using PBUF_REF, which will be quite common.

Then we can get rid of pbuf_take(), pbuf_queue() and pbuf_dequeue()
altogether.

We could be even more complex and efficient by only doing the copy if the
first pbuf in chain is a PBUF_REF.  Any other PBUF_REFs would get the
pbuf_take() treatment, and everything else would get a pbuf_ref().  However,
I'm not sure this further optimisation is worth the extra complexity.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?11400>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/