lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 3c3454d6 5/5: Allow GUI test to fail

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 3c3454d6 5/5: Allow GUI test to fail
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 17:07:42 +0000

On 9/4/22 12:10, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 01:38:50 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
[...]
> GC> Debugging wine weirdness in a frame buffer is too onerous.
>
>  I can't really disagree with this but, just in case you didn't know about
> it yet, one thing I found useful way to be able to peek into the off screen
> display using xwd: if Xvfb is running on the default :99 display you can
> use this command
>
>       $ xwd -d :99 -root -silent | convert xwd:- screenshot.png
>
> to see what's going on, which can be handy, especially if the test appears
> to be hung for an unknown reason. I hope you don't need this tip, but you
> might still find it useful if you do :-/

$ xwd -d :99 -root -silent | convert xwd:- screenshot.png
zsh: command not found: convert
Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified
xwd:  unable to open display ':99'

I could install 'convert', but it looks like this command:

$xvfb-run wine64 /opt/lmi/bin/wx_test.exe --ash_nazg
--data_path=Z:/opt/lmi/data -t validate_output_census

doesn't use ':99'. Anyway, that command completes, so I tried
'xwd' (in another terminal window) right after starting it,
and about a second before I expected it to end; it was unable
to open ':99' either way. I even tried as root:

/home/greg[0]#whoami
root
/home/greg[0]#xwd -d :99 -root -silent
Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified
xwd:  unable to open display ':99'

I could research this further, but even if I got it working,
it would only let me take another step on an unpleasant path
that I'm really disinclined to tread.

>  Sorry again for lack of any real help, I'll keep my DPI setting at 192 and
> will try to debug this problem here if I ever run into it.

Just to be sure: I mean that I set wine's DPI, using 'winecfg',
as opposed to xfce's DPI (which is always 192 here).