lmi

Re: [lmi] Header pagination PR

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Header pagination PR
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:26:35 +0000

On 2018-09-18 14:26, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>       https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/96

wxWidgets and wxPdfDoc upgraded; PR 91 and PR 96 cherry-picked.
wxWidgets build is perfectly clean.
wxPdfDoc build is successful: a separate email notes ignorable warnings.
lmi build is perfectly clean.
nychthemeral_test is clean; GUI test is clean.

Manually test that a default PDF illustration of each ledger type
can be created:

  for z in sample2* do  # casual shell pseudocode

  File | New | Illustration
    change "Policy" to $z
  OK
  File | Print to PDF

...succeeds for "sample2naic", but fails thus for all others:

  [copied by hand from an un-copyable-from 'wine' messagebox]
  Assertion 'dc().GetTextExtent(i).x <= rect.width()' failed.
  [wx_table_generator.cpp : 250]

The PDF for "sample2naic" looks just fine AFAICT at a quick glance.

> I'm sorry in advance if I overwrote some of your carefully crafted
> alignment changes in this PR, I tried really hard to preserve them, but
> it's not simple not to miss a single space/single quote/word change when
> resolving as many conflicts as I had to resolve, so I'm almost resigned to
> having missed something.

Don't worry about it. I'll go over everything carefully anyway.

>  I've done some minimal testing and the illustrations seem to come out
> correctly here, but, again, my testing was quite cursory. I should also
> mention that I'm still using a local hack disabling the assert checking for
> GetTextExtent() in wx_table_generator::output_super_header() as otherwise I
> can't generate any illustrations at all because I'm running into it.

That's the first thing I'll look at.

>  Please let me know if you have any problems with applying or using this PR!
I haven't looked at the code yet, but everything seems fine except
for that assertion failure, and we've found a way around that in
the past, so I'm pushing everything now. Thanks again for the
extremely fast turnaround, which helps me greatly.