lmi

Re: [lmi] PATCH: Upgrade xmlwrapp to 0.9.0

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] PATCH: Upgrade xmlwrapp to 0.9.0
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 18:11:11 +0000

On 2018-04-11 17:08, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 15:33:39 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

[...added autoconf and automake to 'install_cygwin.bat'...]

>  BTW, I realized that I might not have made it totally clear, so I'd like
> to clarify that we do *not* actually need anything in order to compile
> xmlwrapp from a release tarball, which is self-contained. The packages
> above would be required if using Git checkout, but this is not the case
> currently.

That's what I intuited, but it's good to know it for sure.

> GC> When convenient, would you please test to make sure those are
> GC> adequate to build xmlwrapp with autotools?
>
>  First of all, right now xmlwrapp can be built without these packages, i.e.

[...filing the specifics away for future reference...]

> % CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/lmi/third_party/include [...]
>
> - CPPFLAGS is needed to find the Boost headers.

I was really looking forward to removing all boost dependencies.
IIRC, xmlwrapp uses only boost's "singleton pool", and only if
it's available. IOW, it's an optional optimization, so this
doesn't stand in the way of eliminating boost--true?

>  Second, I can indeed confirm that configure can be successfully generated
> when using a Git checkout. In this case you need to run ./bootstrap [...]
That's all we need to know: then the updated 'install_cygwin.bat'
should meet all anticipated future needs. We don't know when we'll
upgrade cygwin in the office; it's just good to have everything
tested first.

>  Please let me know if you'd like me to test anything else (but I'm

All set for now. Thanks.