lmi

Re: [lmi] Using GitWhatever

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Using GitWhatever
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:14:51 +0000

On 2015-10-06 23:56, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Oct 2015 23:43:06 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> I looked over the whole screen, and found no way to get a patch that I can
> GC> apply. So I was going to reply in immense frustration to complain about
> GC> github, but then I stumbled upon an idea that seems to work. Just append
> GC> ".patch" to the commit URL:
> GC>
> GC>   https://github.com/vadz/lmi/commit/a86a082.patch
> GC>                                             ^^^^^^
>
>  I'm impressed that you deduced it from the first principles.

I didn't. I think you had shown it to me some time ago.

> I was going
> to recommend doing it but I, of course, found this somewhere on the web a
> couple of years ago when I needed it... BTW, this is "officially"
> documented in https://github.com/blog/967-github-secrets and this post also
> mentions another completely undiscoverable feature of the diff viewer: that
> you can append "?w=1" to the URL to suppress showing whitespace-only
> changes.

Then maybe I shouldn't complain too much about github, in this regard at
least, because lmi has many undiscoverable features. I'm just about to
make one more undiscoverable, because typing "idiosyncrasy_spreadsheet"
in the 'Comments' field is too easy.